Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Raising Money for Breast Cancer

May 5, 2009
Dear Friends,
I have decided to run the Disney World ½ marathon. Yes, I mean 13 miles! The ½ marathon is in Walt Disney World on January 9, 2010. I am motivated to run because it has always been one of my goals to run a ½ marathon and also because I want to become healthy and fit again. With my run, I will be raising money to support the Avon Breast Cancer Walk. Cancer has always been a nightmare looming over my life like a dark cloud. My father passed away of cancer at age 54 and this year, two young women in my daughter’s Kindergarten class have been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I have joined a Training team. You can read more about the team at: http://allears.net/pluto/teamallears.htm. Please read my blog to follow my training progress at http://heffalumptopixie.blogspot.com/
The Avon Foundation is distinguished from most other donors that fund a single institution or scientific investigator by supporting a virtual national network of research, medical, social service and community-based organizations, each of which is making a unique contribution to helping patients or advancing breast cancer research. The Avon Foundation awards funding in breast cancer screening, diagnosis, treatment, support services and scientific research, including prevention and therapeutic vaccine studies.
Checks should be made out to Avon Walk for Breast Cancer and should be mailed to:
Deb Wills, 3520 Sugarloaf Parkway, Suite F03-105, Fredrick, MD 21704 Please to be sure to write Team All Ears Amanda Gonzales on the check in the notes. If it is easier, you can give me a check and I will bulk mail them as I receive them.You can also contribute online by clicking below or visiting
http://www.avonwalk.org/goto/DebWills
Please be sure to put All Ears, A Gonzales after your donation. I understand that we are all suffering through a tough economy. Every donation makes an impact. Please consider donating $5, $10, $15, $20 or more.
Thank you for your support!
Amanda Gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment