Friday, May 1, 2009

A Day Off

I awoke this morning with the hope that I would not hobble, I would stand tall and walk, strut actually, the newer, leaner, buffer me. Well, I awoke in the same fashion I do every morning with DD6 snuggling up next to me chatting about fashion and clothes. Where did she come from? I am the queen of all tomboys, the clueless one with no fashion sense. I am convinced that she will be working for Vogue by age 22, anyhoo. I stood up after the request for syrup with a tad bit of waffles and hobbled. I was also exhausted since DH38 was out till 1am watching the Celtics lose and I could not fall asleep until I knew he was home safe and sound proteced from the Marbehead wildlife.

So, here I am at 6am, hobbling to the kitchen with the hopes I will in fact make it a consecutive 6th day of workouts and core upper and lower body and swim till I feel I wll drown. When three cups of coffee did not work, I decided to take a DAY OFF. Now here I am at 7:4o pm still hobbling. Guilty. Is it ok to take a day off.? MyDH38 gets home tomorrow at 8ish am. Soccer starts at 8:30am and the sports marathon should end by 4, but I aim to be running by 9am. Let's see how long I can last until I have another day off. I really want to succeed, but I am told muscles need to rest.

I think it is good that I am anxious to get running again. Can't wait till 9am. Burning some new cds onto my shuffle tonight and need a super duper do it all runners watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment