Sunday, May 10, 2009

Frustrating Setback

Shin Splints! Ouch and Ugh! I am so frustrated. I know I have been going all out training it is a major flaw of my personality to go all out into something pushing myself to the limit. I think I hurt my shins by increasing my mileage to quickly. Perhaps it was not so wise to jog for an hour on Friday. I feel like I am again waging a war between my heart and my body. My heart tells me it is ok to jog for an hour and my body is crumbling.

I have stabbing pains in my shins when I stand, when I walk, when I sit, it kills! I was supposed to run in a 5K today and as much as I want to do that, I do not want to further injure myself. I will continue icing and look into new sneakers and hopefully squeeze in a swim today. I have to slow down.

I am going to buy the Jeff Galloway book and start slow this week limiting myself to only two mile runs this week and hopefully with new shoes my legs can recover and be ok.

Happy Mothers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment