Friday, May 8, 2009

It Takes a Village to make a Pixie

I have come to the realization that it is easier to carry a baby for 9 months, go through the pain of delivery and the ensuing 12 months of little sleep than to get your body back into shape. Now granted, I am many pounds overweight and have not seriously and consistently exercised in about 13 years now, so I am coming from below rock bottom. However, you can't quit the pregnancy, if you are sick or in pain or uncomfortable you can't make it stop. However, when you are on a jog/hobble and every muscle in your legs feel like they are going to tear while they are also cramping and your stomach is upset and you are trying to push a jogging stroller up an incline, you can just stop. It is motivation to make me never fall out of this habit of exercising again. I do not want to ever have to feel the pain I have felt both physically and emotionally over the past three weeks again.

What has been helping me to get through these past few weeks is the support and caring comments from friends in the community both online and in my towm. Thank you everyone for your kind words, your encouragement, sharing your stories and tips and offering to help. It means so much to me. I am putting myself and my story out there in public to make myself accountable for my actions. I have tried hiding, trying to be invisible, feeling sad about my state of blobness for so long and realized that I am only hurting myself that way. I have never been a private person so I decided to make my personal battle public. So please help me!

If you see me running , toot your horn and say hi, it will help me push through. If you see me at the gym, say hi. If you have any good workout music to share, please let me know. If you have any diet tips or are going to a weight watchers meeting, let me know. The more support I have, the more motivated I will be.

I will be running those 12 miles in January for myself, but also for all the people whose lives have been impacted in some way by breast cancer. I am rasing money for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. Please share my blog with any friends and/or family who might appreciate this cause.

IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO MAKE A PIXIE AND TO FIGHT CANCER!

No comments:

Post a Comment