Wednesday, March 16, 2011

This is a lot harder than I thought it would be!

2 years ago, I made a life altering decision.  I realized I was obese, unhealthy, a couch potato.  I had let myself go.  To my credit, it was not like I had nothing to do.  I had had 4 children in 6 years, one who is severely disabled by Autism.  My husband was finishing his residency board requirements and working full time, so I was essentially a single parent. All of this stress and toll led to me being 100 pounds overweight.  I signed up for the Disney 2010 1/2 marathon, joined an amazing running team, Team All Ears Running with Purpose and starting working on changing my life. 

If you had asked me 2 years ago where I would be today, I would have told you that I would be a pixie by now and running sub 10 minutes miles and probably have done about 2 iron mans by now.  Well, I have made incredible progress, lost 40 pounds, gained 20 back, run countless races including 1 marathon and 2 half marathons, changed my family's entire eating habits and gotten us all more active in general. 

Here is the big Question.  Am I a pixie? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  It is very frustrating. 

This is so much harder than I thought it was going to be! 

When I cam up with the blog name  A Journey at that time I really thought it would be more like a quick skip or a run, but it has in fact turned out to be a journey. 

Am I giving up?  No Way!  I am more determined and resolved than ever.  I know that due responsibilities for my children and family and my career, that sometimes, well actually a lot this past year, my exercise has had to take a step back.  However, with spring here and my frustration level high, I am going to continue this journey and focus on my progress and the progress I have made on my journey.

Please keep sending me support and I promise I will be more accountable with consistent training, more weight loss and more blog posts!

2 comments:

  1. So I just picked up a magazine because the cover promised 'the one weight loss idea you haven't heard yet'. It was actually a pretty good one. It said you should make a line graph of your weight over the years and the major events/milestones during those years. You can then see how the fluctuations in your weight were related to different things going on in your life. It helps to remind you that this is a journey and life happens. When you see places where you were happy with your weight you can try to remember how you felt then, what you were doing differently and try to replicate them.

    ReplyDelete