Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lumpy has a new workout plan!

I have a new routine that is reasonable for me to follow, so I am going to work on following it to see if I can maximise weight loss by varying my activities and working all sorts of different muscles.  I want to strength train at the same time that I am doing different cardiovascular workouts.  Of course at the same time I am working on my nutrition and intake.  I am trying to increase my protein, eat more green eat less starch, cut down sugar and sob alcohol, yada yada.

Here is my proposed schedule:

Monday: walk/run 5 miles
Tuesday:  Spin class
Wednesday: walk/run 5 miles
Thursday: Spin class
Friday:  walk/run 5miles
Saturday:swim
Sunday: long run

Every day that I can, I am going to try to mix in a P90x tape for strength training, really need to strengthen my core.  Still considering whether it is worth it to invest in a trainer to help me jump start this core strength.  I need s Jillian to kick my butt!

I am starting off slow and by that I mean walking rather than diving into running every time, because I want to drop weight to reduce the pounding of all that extra weight on my joints and honestly, for my muscles, walking 5 miles right now is a great workout and makes them sore. 

If anyone wants to join me for any or the above, please come!  The walking days, I will have Daisy too!

I am looking forward to seeing if all this activity helps me drop the weight as I have a lot to drop, sigh.

First race on the books is April 10, either a 5 miler in Marblehead or a 5k in NH depending on things out of my control or if Bella dances that day neither! 

No comments:

Post a Comment