Saturday, October 3, 2009

Updates

Well, it has been a month since I posted, but don't think I have not been training, because I have! I am actually up to 9 miles on my long runs, yes 9 miles!!!!! It took me 2.5 hours, but I did it!

September was tough though due to the hectic pace of back to school life and getting the kids adjusted into their activities and the fact that I am coaching field hockey in addition to my gig as a travel agent and mom to four and on the PTO, so it has been crazy.

No cross training this month, something I hope to improve in October. I have been averaging only 2-3 runs a week, I need to average a solid 3 from now on. I typically run 1-2 5 miles courses and try to do a tempo run where I run as fast as I can and then run a more average pace for some, but my course has lot of hills. I have noticed that after these runs, my shins act up a bit which I imagine is due to the pounding when I run faster.

Weight loss is slow, but still happening and that makes me happy. Dropped out of weight watchers, because I feel empowered now that I know how to mke the right choices and I can weigh myself. Not that I do it very often!

I love running! I love seeing my body change. I love the feeling of accomplishment I have at the end of a long run.
I love it so much that I just joined the Tufts Marathon Challenge. www.tuftsmarathonchallenge.com If all goes well, maybe I can run the Boston Marathon.


It is frustrating when it rains like today and I have days when I don't want to run, but I still go, except not in the rain, too scared of getting injured.

My biggest fears are of the sweep bus. I have to improve my pace and only have three months to do it.

3 months!!!! I am scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment