Tuesday, October 13, 2009

6 months in, a lifetime to go

Six months ago, I looked in the mirror and cried. Starting about two months ago I started looking in the mirror and said hey is that a chin I see, hey I am kind of cute! I see myself again. I was never beautiful or gorgeous, I was always the cute spunky athletic one and I liked that, I kind of see myself that way again and it feels good.

I am not sure how much weight I have lost, I do know that I have been walking out of my jeans and yes Nik does get a few kicks out of this. I also know that my XL workout gear has been falling off me. Kind if cool, I am not existing on salads and fruit only, I still eat nachos and burgers and drink, but more in moderation, I just ate two mini twix, it is Halloween season, what do you expect?????

I find myself getting more and more emotional. I hear songs in my ipod while I am running and start crying. This was just so hard to do, it is easy to think it to want it, but it is soooooo hard to make it happen, and I kind of have been making it happen. I could not have done any of this without my amazing husband. Take yesterday, I left him with all four kids in Boston while I went to run the Tufts 10k. He did it with a smile on his face, what a stud right? Yep, he rules!

It was an awesome Autumn day, we took the train before 8am into Boston and then the T, the kids were in train heaven. We surfed the swag, scoped the common and the kids ran the challenging kids 1k race. This is my fave part about my journey, getting my kids addicted to running and races, they are already junkies! They love getting the numbers and the snacks after of course. I am so proud of them!

I always get so nervous before a race and this was insame over 6500 women lining up for this race. Of course sheepishly I go to line up behind the sign 10 plus minutes miles. It was very exciting! I ran the fastest I could possibly run, it was very overwhelming people tripping over each other and so many people everywhere, the course was incredible, running along the charles, down through Charles street, back down Commonwealth, what an incredible 6 mile route, women of all ages, shapes and sizes and abilities.

I ran my fastest pae, 12:36 mile pace, fast for me, incredible because 6 months ago running for 5 minutes was impossible and look at me now!!!

Anything is possible! If I can do it, you can do it, I have never felt more alive than how I feel when I am running. If you believe it, you can do it so get off your ass and go do it and feel free to call me and do it with me! Come running, it is awesome!

4 comments:

  1. You're awesome Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! 12:36 for 6 miles? Crazy awesome! You go girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing terrific! Way to hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspiring Mandy. Love your updates.

    ReplyDelete