Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Oh the Places You'll Go

It is funny because I always thought of this as my personal journey, but it is actually my families journey as well. My son is now getting into running and wants to run with me. I did my second 5K this weekend in Ipswich at this beautiful farm called Appleton Farms. It was a gorgeous day!
The course wound through a path in the farm by orchards, cows and horses.

It was a tough race for me due to many hills and the heat. I did it though and it felt great. Afterwards, Gabe ran in his first race. A 1/4 mile kids race where he came in fourth and won a medal. Did I win a medal? No. Anyway, I never thought that I would insprie him to run and race, but now he has picked up this interest. Ironic, while I have been spending hundreds of dollars the past several years, having him try karate classes, and swimming and soccer and on and on and he loves running!

Afterwards we enjoyed a beautiful farm in Ipswich and went strawberry picking and had a delicious lobster dinner. Would we have gone to Ipswich or this farm had I not done this race? Probably not. Running and this journey is starting to take my family to some amazing places. It is exciting and adventurous for all of us.

We went away on Sunday so no workouts this week. I am supposed to have running class tonight, but I am hearing the rumbling of thunder so not sure if that will happen. I am hoping to do a track workout with the North Shore Striders a running group I have joined tomorrow night. Every Thursday they do a track workout with a coach and a long run on Sundays.

I am also hoping to do a 4 mile race in Swampscott on Saturday.

I need to purchase a garmin if you see any good sales, let me know.

The weather has been making running tough, it rains every day.

That is my update for now. I am still doing weight watchers as well.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the family race day.

    Costco still has Garmins on for 199.99.....check there.

    ReplyDelete