Thursday, June 11, 2009

All Signs Point to 5am

I love to sleep, I love to sleep as late as I can, I love the reward of a glass of wine or two at the end of a loooong day of being a mom and chauveur to four children. My husband has to leave for work at 6:15 am, grrrrrr. As the CEO of this household. Job description: Raise, love and nurture four children, teach them the self help skills and wisdom they need to make it in life and grow up to be the thoughtful, intelligent, successful, caring, polite, savy and respectful individuals that they are destined to become.

Love and support my husband and be an interesting and attractive partner.
Clean, shop, maintain a house.
Feed and cook for a family of six.
Pay the bills budget and manage the finances
Run a successful Disney travel agency business.
Take care of the two cats.
Stay in shape and eat well.
Keep in touch with friends.
Train for a 1/2 marathon, rain money for breast cancer.
Shuttle my kids, to baby playgroups, baseball, soccer, swimming, gymnastic, ballet, speech therapy, OT therapy, PT therapy, horseback riding, camps, playdates, school, homework, projects, interesting activities desiged to create geniouses.
Lead a girl scout troop of 29 girls.
Manage the needs of my autistic son, including his therapies, reading about all of the latest research, and treatments, meet periodically with his team of six doctors, individually of course
Be a caring friend, and daughter.

So I think all of that deserves a glass of wne at the end of the day. However in the midst of suceeding at all of the above, I need to fit in workouts and train and since I am not a night person, nighttime workouts are not a viable option.

ALL SIGNS POINT TO A 5am wakup for training runs four times a week. Ugh. I hate running on the treadmill, I hate running with the jogging stroller. Therefore my only window other than on weekends when my husband is not working is to wake up at 5 am and go for a run.

This honestly seems harder than all of the above, but I am committed and must do it, so I will start tomorrow or Monday whenever the alarm beeps first. Any advice on how to muster the strength to do this????

This is my next goal!

IF YOU THINK YOU DARE NOT YOU DON"T, IT's ALL IN THE STATE OFMIND, Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment