Sunday, August 9, 2009

A week of Ups and Downs

Downs

-Failed to accomplish my first Long 6 mile run last Saturday.
-Was alone most of the week since my husband worked a gazillion hours an went away all last Sunday leaving me little time to run when scheduled to run.
-Had horrific pain in my right shin develop causing me to fear I had a stress fracture.
-Found out the inserts I had gotten from ALIGN were too hard and most likely causing my second round of shin splints.


Ups

-Learned from my mistakes from my failed long run.
-Bought two different hydration system, a hand held bottle and a belt and poweraid and GNU.
-Got myself a running buddy!
-Had x-rays done which were normal and saw an orthopod who said my exam seemed inconsistent with fractures and consistent with shin splints, told me to keep running and start taking Advil 3x 3 a day. That's a lot of advil!
-Got myself some new softer inserts.

Really Upity Ups

-Ran my fastest 5K yet in 38:18 at a 12:22 pace!
-Shins felt good afterward!
-Ran 6.2 miles Saturday AM and it felt awesome!

Accomplishing those 6.2 miles felt amazing, I really believe I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment